Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Told You

I haven't blogged in a week.  I think that's a record for me.   I usually always have something to say or a story to tell.  But I told you.  I get the January Blues and I do get them pretty bad.  And even though I've had tons of things going on and even though I've been super busy--deep down inside there in a melancholy feeling that grips me each and every morning.

I have been puzzled for years about this blueness.  I wonder why, even when I am busier than ever, why am I saddled with this?  I love winter and snow.  I have plans galore.  I am in a great Bible study.  And yet...almost every morning that I wake up in the morning during the month of January--I feel blue.

I refuse to call it what it most likely is.  Most likely it is short term depression brought about by the fact that the holiday adrenalin rush is over.  The frenzied shopping, the meal planning, the grandkid seeing, the wrapping of gifts--it's over for an entire year.  And I hate that.  So each morning I wake up to the realization that Christmas is not for another year.  Sad.  I'm sad.

It's true.  I haven't written for an entire week.  I'm trying hard to think of stories from my past to write about.  I want my children and grandchildren to have this blog to refer to long after I am gone.  And yet...even though I sit and ponder those stories I don't have the drive to write about them.

I'll be patient though.  I'll wait until the mood strikes me, kind of like now--as I sit here and write about not writing.  That's the dumbest thing I've ever said.  Or written.  Oh well.  I told you.  And now I'm going to pin on Pinterest.  If you don't know don't ask.  It's my newest addiction.  At least I'm honest.

No comments: