Thursday, January 24, 2013

Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cookies

First of all, let me start by saying that there is a recipe for cookies floating somewhere in cyberspace or in a cookbook from long ago called sour cream softies--they are the best cookies ever!  I used to make them all the time and put mini chocolate chips in them because everyone knows that chocolate makes everything taste better!  So, after much tweaking and experimenting with several recipes I came up with this rendition of my own.  Here is my version of low carb sour cream softies with sugar-free chocolate chips.  I buy my supplies (that I can't find in local stores) at netrition.com.
Have fun baking and enjoy--ladolceveda.  :)

1/2 c butter
1/2 c sour cream
1 c Splenda
1/2 c Splenda brown sugar blend
1 egg
1 cup almond flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 t baking soda
1 t salt
1 cup sugar-free mini Chocolate chips

Cream together the first 5 items in a food processor, slowly add everything else except chocolate chips.  Then stir in the chocolaty goodness aka chocolate chips.  I used a cookie scoop and baked them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper @ 400 degrees for about 10 minutes.  Watch carefully, as they brown quickly!  Cool slightly before shoveling, I mean eating.  Probably 2 or 3 net carbs per cookie, so be careful!  Freeze in 1-gallon freezer bag in the back of the freezer, so that your husband can't find them.

Yields about 2 1/2 dozen after I ate a couple.  Don't judge me!

There are a lot of things you could do with this recipe, for instance--add some peanut butter!  Or coconut or walnuts or cinnamon...the possibilities are endless, just remember--each item adds carbs!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK, so you have shared your soup with me... but I have NEVER seen the cookies!!!! What gives? Love, Your Hubby :-)