Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Experiencing a Miracle

Remember last year?  When I wrote about having the January blues?  Well, I believe all that praying has finally paid off because I haven't had them one little bit the year.  Not even once!  I am overjoyed with God's unbelievable power to heal my crazy mixed up emotional heart.  I prayed so hard last year.  I wanted to be able to wake up each and every morning during the month of January without feeling completely depressed.  And guess what?  I totally forgot that last year I was writing about being so blue because this year it hasn't happened at all.  I'm wondering what has changed?  And my answer to that question is nothing.  Nothing has changed.

No, that's not true.  Everything has changed.  I realize that now.  I am in a different place in life.  Spiritually, physically, emotionally.  Why in the world would I think that nothing has changed?  Everything has changed.  Especially my heart.  I will have to analyze this further because I am blown away by the heart change I have experienced.  By all outward appearances I am pretty much the same, but inside?  Well, inside is another story.  Let me explain as best I can.  And please, do not for one minute think that I believe that this is a fix-all for everyone.  However, in saying that, it has fixed me.  Oh yes, it has!

Last year at this time I wasn't as satisfied with my life as I am now.  Last year I wasn't plugged into a church body, I was still relatively new to my little town and I didn't really know my neighbors all that well.  This year though?  Well, this year my life is very different.  Not just because I am completely and totally involved in just about everything possible, no it is more than that.  It's my attitude that has changed.  I can see that now.  I am less focused on me and more focused on Him.  I am outwardly focused.  I am no longer trying to meet my own needs.  God has met me somewhere in the middle and has changed my heart.  It's so hard to explain, and yet it's so easy for me to understand.  Gone are the lonely, boring, self-involved days, gone are the empty nest blues, gone are the I don't have any friends, gone are the what am I going to do with the rest of my life type of feelings.

It might seem so insignificant to some to share these emotions of mine, however, I do so with every intention of rereading this blog next year.  I want a record of what God is doing and is going to do in my life.  I want to share the excitement that I am not in the mulligrubs about life without my children, grandchildren and old friends.  I want others to know that when God does something in my heart--it's for keeps.  It's truly a miracle--no January blues.  Not this year.  Hopefully prayerfully never again.  I will keep my eyes fixed on Him.  Because I have experienced a miracle.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to to thank you for this wonderful read!
! I absolutely enjoyed every little bit of it.
I have got you book marked to look at new stuff you post…

Here is my web blog; their web site