Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Creamy Tomato Beef Soup

First off let me tell you, this soup is soooooo good.  And this little recipe happened quite by accident.  I was trying to make another recipe and accidentally used the wrong ingredient.  One thing lead to another and voila!

So here goes--my own creation.

1 lb of beef--either ground beef or left over prime rib (that's what I used)
1 onion chopped
2 cloves garlic minced
1 package cream cheese (8 oz)
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup half and half
2 cans chopped seasoned tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
1 package taco seasoning (I used mild)
salt and pepper to taste

Brown beef, onion, and garlic in some olive oil a dutch oven.  Make sure the onion is nice a soft, add the cream cheese and stir until melted.  Then add everything else and stir until well blended and heated through.  Next time around I am going to add some mushrooms!

This is fairly low carb, the tomatoes are the only thing you have to worry about.  Be prepared to eat a lot.  I did.

No comments: