Thursday, January 24, 2013

Branching Out With Some Recipes


I've decided to branch out a bit. You know I've lost a lot of weight eating a very low carbohydrate diet. Well, I've also been experimenting with various recipes and after much tweaking, I have come up with several that I absolutely love.  So, I will periodically be sharing them with you here on my blog.  I am not a chemist so I will not be giving the exact carbs, etc.  However, believe me--if I eat it, it is low carb!


Low Carb Cauliflower Cheese Soup

1 small white onion chopped
1 T almond flour
2 cloves garlic pressed
3 T butter
1 head cauliflower chopped
2 cups chicken stock
2 cups water
½ cup sour cream (or more)
1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
¾ cup crumbled bacon (pre-cooked)
3 green onions chopped

In a dutch oven, saute white onion and garlic in butter, add the almond flour to make a rue, and then add cauliflower, chicken stock, and water.
Cook until all veggies are soft, about 20 or 30 minutes.
Right before serving puree with immersion blender, stir in all other items, puree a tad more,
heat through and serve with a bit of cheese on top.
I also added salt, pepper and a dash of nutmeg—just for fun! Enjoy!

Serves about 4 people.  :)




No comments: