Sunday, April 15, 2012

Waiting

Every so often I feel like writing a song or a poem.  I am not schooled or trained in any way to do this type of writing.  Things just come to me and I write them down.  I hope they don't seem too weird to anyone, it's just stuff in my head, mainly from my heart.

How much can I handle
how much can I endure
how much pain can I take
before you come near

I wait in the darkness
I wait through the pain
I cry to you oh God
can you hear me sing

How long can I hang on
without hearing you
how long can I stand
before I fall through

I hang on to you God
you're all that I have
Without you, I can't stand
without you, I fall

So I wait for you God
I wait for your voice
through my hurting heart
I try to endure, and I wait

Come heal my heart, God
come hear my voice
come hear your daughter
as she cries in the night



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thx for your post, I really enjoy your blog. Long time lurker, first time commenter, you know the drill. I tried to share this one time before, I don’t think it posted correctly…hopefully it will this time!