Sunday, April 24, 2011

Things I Love About Europe

I love to hear little children speaking different languages
I love that Europeans work to live, not live to work
I love the old architecture
I love all the fountains and statues
I love to watch teenagers--they are the same everywhere
I love old world hotel rooms
I love Venetian glass chandeliers
I love scooters and the noise they make
I love the quality and pride of design in the craftsmanship of their goods
I love tiny little cars--especially the Fiat 500
I love the colors of the trees and flowers--they are brighter here
I love the old people--they still hold hands
I love the dogs that roam the streets--they know exactly where they are going
I love the small open-air markets--the fruit is amazing
I love the intimate restaurants--everything made for two
I love the narrow streets and small walkways
I love the need to stop for coffee every afternoon
I love the fresh food--different in every region
I love that everyone here thinks that I am either Italian or French
I love to meander--it's my new favorite thing
I love the friendliness of most everyone I meet
I love the smallness of the appliances
I love that they mix modern with old
I love that my husband feels the same way I do
I love that my husband is brave enough to drive in Europe
I love that we laugh when he makes wrong turns
I love that we can now get navigation in European cars
I love that being here makes me want to cry
I love that we love Europe and are already planning our next trip

No comments: