Sunday, April 3, 2011

Miracles

When I first met you--to me that was a miracle
When my parents became Christians--to me that was a miracle
When the hitting and the drinking stopped--to me that was a miracle
When I gave my heart to you--to me that was a miracle
When I stopped going to bed hungry--to me that was a miracle
When that man chased me and I got away--to me that was a miracle
When you held me in the dark and made me feel safe--to me that was a miracle
When you spared my life that day on the freeway--to me that was a miracle
When you kept me from getting into drugs--to me that was a miracle
When you were my best friend, and I had no friends at all--to me that was a miracle
When you gave me my husband--to me that was a miracle
When I held my first baby--to me that was a miracle
When they told me that it was unlikely that I've ever have another baby and I had 2 more--to me that was a miracle
When I tucked my kids into bed at night--to me that was a miracle
When I was out of money and that check came in the mail--to me that was a miracle
When the tumor was not malignant--to me that was a miracle
When I've been unlovable and you loved me anyway--to me, that was a miracle
When I cried out to you and you heard me--to me that was a miracle
When I've been deeply hurt and you were the only one there for me--to me that was a miracle
When you gave me the ability to sing--to me that was a miracle
When I've lived in homes and not cars--to me that was a miracle
When I've traveled and have seen your creations--to me that was a miracle
When I've cried of a broken heart and you dried my tears--to me that was a miracle
When I've rocked my grandbabies--to me that was a miracle
When you've taught me to forgive--to me that was a miracle
When you forgave me--to me that was a miracle

And when I lay my head down for the last time, and you continue to answer my prayers, those prayers that are mostly for my children and grandchildren--to me that is a miracle

2 comments:

NaperDude said...

Thanks for reminding me of the miracles that happen each day around me.

Joanie said...

Veda,
That is beautiful, Veda! Thanks for such honest sharing. When I get home, I can finally put your blog on Blogs that I follow (do not have my computer with me).
love,
Joanie