Monday, May 20, 2013

Your Time Starts Now

I keep thinking about college testing.  Little blue books, number 2 pencils, and silence.  I would look up at the clock in the room, divide my time according to how many questions I had to answer and then after double checking the clock, it would begin.  The professor's voice would speak out--your time starts now.  Usually, I would have about 50 minutes to complete the test to the best of my ability.  Being an A chaser by nature, those 50 minutes divided equally amongst my questions were extremely important to me.  I had to know--just how long would this test take?  How much time did I have?

Which is why I have been thinking of those tests now.  You see, the countdown has begun.  In a few short days, he leaves.  He goes to Africa, to the poorest nation on earth, to a dangerous place, to a place where I am not.  So, as I was praying this morning it hit me.  I have so many days left to pray, only so much time left--and my time starts now.  I must pray for the Congo team, for my husband, for their safety, for their well-being--emotionally, physically and spiritually.  They will need my prayers.  They will need your prayers.  For their lives are about to be changed forever.

This is a test--for me and for him and for them.  I am an A chaser, are you?  I will pray.  My time starts now.  Hopefully, prayerfully, yours does too.  Our time starts now.

No comments: