Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Empty nest

I'm so excited
I'm having a baby
I love you already
I'm so tired
I haven't slept in a year
Hold still while I change your diaper
Don't touch that it's dirty
Don't eat that it's icky
No biting
No spitting
Hold my hand
Mommy loves you
I don't want anything bad to happen to you
Don't hit your brother
Stop teasing your sister
Pick up your toys
Come back here
Do not cross that street
Only go to the corner
Please God keep them safe
We don't say that at our house
Clean your room
Do your homework
Eat your vegetables
I'm so proud of you
I don't care what other kids get to do
Because I said so
Go ahead and tell your grandma
Sit still
Turn around
Great job
Stop talking
Let's play the quiet game
It's hard to explain
No, you can't stay overnight
I don't have to tell you why
Be home by 10:00
Where are you
Talk to me
OK be home by 11:00
No R rated movies
Is this dance at your school
What time is the game over
Wear your seatbelt
I'm worried
Lock your doors
You're doing what
I do too like him
No swimming when we're not home
We don't use that kind of language
I'm sorry she hurt you
I'm here for you
I'm listening
Don't skip classes
Come home soon
I love you
I miss you
Your wedding was beautiful
I love your new place
I'm so proud of you
Come visit soon
I love you
I miss you
I'm sad
I'm so excited for you
I love being a grandma
What a beautiful house
Awesome car
Come visit soon
I love you
I miss you

2 comments:

NaperDude said...

WOW !!! I'm laughing and crying at the same time. Powerful stuff...

Unknown said...

I remember these vividly!

"I don't care what other kids get to do"

"No swimming when we're not home"