Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Low Carb Spice Muffins




Oh, my goodness--I've been playing around with low carb baked everything.  And I've come up with a go-to breakfast muffin.  I used apple pie spice in this recipe but you could use pumpkin pie spice too, I'm sure.  Also, you could add some chopped fruit or pureed pumpkin, which of course would add more carbs--so it's up to you.  Here's my recipe...

1/2 cup flax meal
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 cup almond flour
1/4 t salt
1 T baking powder
1 1/2 t nutmeg
2 t cinnamon
1 t apple pie spice
1 cup Splenda
1 stick (1/2 cup) melted butter
4 beaten eggs
3/4 cup water

Makes 12 muffins

Mix all dry ingredients well, add everything else, mix well.  Fill muffin tin.
I use parchment paper muffin cups--they are amazing to bake with.  Bake for about 20 minutes or so.
Use the toothpick test for doneness.

Eat them up for breakfast or an afternoon snack!  PS--they freeze great!  Microwave for 30 seconds or so.  :)


No comments: