Sunday, October 21, 2012

Carry Me

Sometimes I just need you to carry me.
To pick me up, put me on your shoulders and carry me.
When I can't walk, when I can't talk, when I can't breathe, just carry me.
You have done it before.  You have said you'll come after me.
You will leave the others and come find me when I'm lost.
When I'm all alone, when I'm afraid, you will come.

That is who you are to me, the one who comes after me.
The one who comforts me, the who hears me when I cry.
The one who never lets me out of your sight,
not even for a second.
You are always there, your eyes on me.
Always watching, always protecting.

I sometimes think about those times when
I have chased you away or run from you.
Those times when I've screamed and yelled
when things didn't go my way.
And yet, there you were, arms held open
ready for me to run back to you.

That is what love is to me.
What you have shown me, what
you have done for me.
That you came for me, even when I ran,
you brought me home and held me closely.
I heard your heartbeat and you heard mine.

A true father's heart, it's what I live for.
It's what keeps me going.  This knowing.
So please carry me, don't give up on me.
As I try so hard to please you, to serve you,
to learn from you, to praise you, to worship you.
A daughter's heart that needs to be carried by you.










No comments: