Saturday, December 10, 2022

It's Not Writer's Block

No, it isn't writer's block. It's--I don't have time to write. So, it could be time block. I just don't have time. I love to grab my computer, and jot down some thoughts and ideas, just as I love to grab my kindle and read a bit. However, I am at a loss--for time

By the time evening rolls around and dinner is made, I'm ready to cozy up, throw a blanket on my lap, watch some TV, and knit. But, instead, the thought of thinking hurts my brain. It's a problem, though, that needs to be fixed. I need to write. It's how I process; without it, I will eventually crash and burn. And nobody wants to see that.

Without this way of processing, my thoughts tend to pile up like a wreck on a foggy night on the freeway. Get the picture? As each story of my day or week goes by without an outlet, my brain begins to overcrowd. Things get messy up there, and pain (also known as emotions) begins to back up. I truly never realized how much I depended upon this outlet of writing and how important it is to me.

My goal now is to write about something going on in this brain of mine. I want to put my thoughts down and rid myself of this backlog of emotions. I find that by just grabbing my laptop and writing--poof. Brain drain commences. It's incredible--this way of downloading my innermost thoughts. It's like jumping into a pool on a hot summer day. Refreshing is the word I'd use. I need to be refreshed weekly, if not daily. 

So, there you have it, my first of many brain dumps. I promise to start the week off right-- brain dump at least once weekly. Tell my stories, share my thoughts, and make writing a part of my life again. Story by story, I'll make time for writing. I promise. 


No comments: