Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Low Carb Pumpkin Bread



After a few tries, I finally came up with my own version of a low carb pumpkin bread.  With pumpkin everything hitting the coffee shops, fast food joints and grocery stores--well, let's just say I wasn't a very happy camper.  In fact, I felt deprived, very deprived.  And left out--that too!  So, I tried a few recipes, was completely disappointed and came up with one of my own.  I hope that you enjoy it.  May it satisfy your sweet tooth as much as it does mine.


Low Carb Pumpkin Bread

6 eggs
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup sugar free syrup (I use Log Cabin)
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1 T vanilla
Mix the above in food processor, than add the rest of the ingredients--pulse a few times to mix well.
1/2 cup Splenda
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 t salt
1/4 t baking soda
1 T pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup sugar free mini chocolate chips (optional)

Pour into greased loaf pan, bake for 1 hour @ 350 degrees.







No comments: