I sit here listening to you
squealing with joy
As you play with your toys
I sit here watching you
As you look up at your daddy
As you watch your mommy
I sit here listening to you
As you talk to your brother
or aunts or grandmas
I sit here watching you
as you nibble on candies
and cute little cookies
And I sit here
listening to your little voice
watching your little hands
as they flutter about
I remember the days of your
daddy and mommy
so long ago as I would
listen and watch and pray
My little ones
my grandbabies
You will never grow up
in grandma's eyes
As I sit here watching you
watching you play
My heart swells with joy
Oh, joy of my heart
Tuesday, December 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
For The Love Of Birds
I am not sure when it started, but I'm guessing around age 10 or so. This love of birds of mine. Initially, I wanted a bird aviary; I wa...
-
I am forever indebted to whoever created/invented the internet, Facebook, and any other media that helped me find my old friends . And by ol...
-
Today is a hard day. I have them often. Hard days. Days when no matter how much I try to hold in the tears, they come anyway. I tell my da...
-
I first met him 25 years ago. We began attending a new church after moving to Ohio. We wanted one with a good youth and college-age minist...
No comments:
Post a Comment